If you are a massive Harry Potter fan like me you will know that the official wands are extremely expensive. This craft idea is really simple and effective – the wands are made from everyday items that you probably have in your craft box at home.
What you will need:
- A wooden stick or wooden chopstick – this will be the main base for your wand.
- Paints – brown or black.
- A glue gun
- 4-6 glue gun sticks
- First make sure that your chopstick or stick is the right length, in the Harry Potter books the wands are around 11-13 inches long.
- Next heat up your glue gun and insert your first glue stick. Start to shape the handle by winding the glue around one end of the wand.
- Once you are happy with your handle you can use the hot glue to create a design on the handle.
- Wait for the glue to go hard. Finally use your paint to colour your wand: it may need more than one coat!
- Cast some spells with your magnificent homemade wand!
I hope you enjoyed this lovely craft idea, it was inspired by you tube designs.